We have launched recruitment for one of the P3 Cohort substudies: Biomarkers of imminent preterm birth in high risk women.
You would be eligible for this study if:
- you have developed preterm labor before 32 weeks of gestation or early changes in your cervix before 28 weeks of gestation such as shortening or opening;
- you are not expecting twins or multiple babies;
- you are 18 years of age or older; and
- you live in the Calgary Zone of Alberta Health Services.
The purpose of this research study is to be able to:
- predict which women will deliver preterm;
- help identify biologic processes that are starting labor; and
- provide opportunities to prevent preterm birth.
As part of this research study, participants will be invited to provide weekly blood and urine samples and monthly vaginal swab samples as part of a High Risk Prematurity Research Clinic.
The Principal Investigator for this study is Dr. Stephen Wood, MD, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Calgary.
If you are interested in finding out more about this research study, please contact the P3 Cohort Team at email@example.com or 587-355-2036.
This sub-study has been approved by the University of Calgary’s Conjoint Health Research Ethics Board (REB21-0712).